Teens and young adults in the United States are facing a severe mental health crisis.
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data, in 2020, suicide was the second-leading cause of death for ages 10-14 and 25-34 and the third-leading cause for ages 15-24.
Recognizing the urgency and severity of the situation, Embark Behavioral Health Foundation is partnering with community-based partners and donors to make a difference for young people by increasing awareness of the crisis, lowering the stigma surrounding mental health, and improving access to high quality care.
- Work with community partners to educate parents, caregivers, as well as adolescents and young adults about how to identify the warning signs of anxiety, depression, and suicide and provide direct access to resources for help.
- Collaborate with Embark Behavioral Health and its research partners to collect and study data to better understand and promote mental health.
Through this important work, the foundation will help young people overcome the stigma of mental illness and get help early so they can best address symptoms, prevent hospitalization, and improve their long-term prognosis.
Who We Serve
Families whose children experience mental health programs and services know firsthand the impact of quality therapeutic treatment. Unfortunately, not everyone can access these services because insurance co-pays or fees can be high.
A donation to the Embark Behavioral Health Foundation will help provide access to those families who could not otherwise take advantage of treatment. Donations will support a range of treatment options, from outpatient therapy while a child lives at home to long-term residential treatment at a program that provides 24/7 care.
All programs the foundation supports are accredited by The Joint Commission, the country’s largest standards-setting and accrediting body in health care.
100% of your donation to the Embark Behavioral Health Foundation supports
- $50 Insurance co-pay for outpatient therapy session
- $200 daily insurance co-pay for Intensive Outpatient
- $500 daily cost for long-term mental health treatment
To learn more and stay up to date with the latest Embark Behavioral Health Foundation news, fill out our form.